Saturday, May 21, 2011

Try a smile... It really works!!






I used to buy cakes and bakes from a very small bakery near my office. The area of shop is not more than 6”X10”. There are several other bakery shops there; some are quite big and well decorated. But I hardly visit them.

The thing which attracts me is this particular small bakery owner’s behavior. He always welcomes his customers with a broad smile and speaks in a very decent manner. He knows the name of all regulars who visit.

He knows me very well. He knows I am a journalist, he calls me ‘bau ji’ with respect. He deals directly with all customers and welcomes their complaints and suggestions with that same broad smile. He also gives suggestions while choosing products.

Once on a regular visit to the bakery I asked him the secret behind his broad smile. He smiled again in broad way and unfolded his secret with me. He said,”bau ji I am very confident about my products. They are fresh and hygienic. That’s why the customers visit again and again. Only those people complain, who are unsatisfied in general and always complaints about everything. I never ignore them and I even try to satisfy them and their complaints.

A smile really works, and it comes from inner confidence.

One more thing I remember about smiles - if a smile lasting seconds makes a photograph so beautiful then think how smiling every single day could make life so much more beautiful...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful article - keep writing, keep inspiring

    ReplyDelete